Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Washing Windows

For a while in the 80s I was the education director for a large downtown church in South Florida. Some of the younger women wanted to start an exercise program. We had no budget so I found an old big screen TV for sale cheap ($50.00.) It no longer showed any TV stations but it would show videos.

I bought two Jane Fonda tapes and we were in business.

Do you remember these tapes? Jane must have been pushing 50 at the time. She looked fantastic and she led a great workout with lots of motivating chit chat. It was years later that I finally admitted to myself that it wasn't just the exercise that kept her looking so good.

One of our favorite Jane Fonda routines was "Washing Windows." Mostly big swooping motions with our arms while jumping up and down.

We always laughed. Because we were having fun - and at the absurdity of Jane Fonda washing windows.