Sunday, July 15, 2007

Total Misfits

My Boyfriend and I have been going to this restaurant for Sunday brunch. It's downtown in a storefront building. The decor is eclectic and old. It's always jammed. At least half of the people are seriously tattooed and pierced. This morning I was observing a table of five. It was impossible for me to identify the sex of two of them.

Two women sat next to us. The one with her back to me had a message on her shirt with a definition of the word "terrorist" that GWB would not find amusing. It took me a while to read it because she was so animated in her speech (lots of arm waiving.) Her brunch partner was dressed in jeans and bright colors and was wearing very red lipstick. She had to weigh well over 300 lbs.

There was a large table of adults and children, black and white, and every one of them in dreadlocks.

While I spend 80% of my time in jeans and tees - we stop in this place after church. We're 30 years older than the average customer and dressed like dorks.

They're nice to us anyway.