Saturday, July 7, 2007

How We Met

Many people have asked me how I met such a remarkable man at this stage of my life. Especially since I had declared to everybody I knew that I was DONE!

"How we met" stories are fun. Today many of them have to do with the Internet. Not ours.

Many months after my Boyfriend's wife died it just came into his head to write the man who had introduced them all those years before. The man left town a few months after getting them together and they never heard from him again.

So couple of years ago (45 years after the introduction) a letter arrived for my Real Husband saying "Are you the one...?"

I wrote back, "Yes, he's the one - but he died within a month of your wife."

We were daily pen pals for a very long time before we decided to meet in Chicago. (See June Blog, "A Toddlin' Town.)