Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Day I Almost Missed My Book Club Meeting

One day about noon I was trying to get my Real Husband into bed so that he'd fall asleep and be safe while I went down the street a little ways to my book club meeting. I'd already made some really cool cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

While we were struggling he fell on top of me and passed out. I finally reached the phone - but was still pinned. You probably think that I dialed 911. I didn't. I was determined to get to my book club meeting. Besides, I am a problem solver.

I called a friend who has a key to my condo. She let herself in. This friend is an excellent problem solver but, while we were able to extract me from underneath my Real Husband, we could not get him up off the floor.

So I called my #1 son, something I did not want to do. This is because I want him to think that I'm The Strongest Woman in the World.

As it happened he was having lunch in a fancy restaurant not far away. So he was there in about 15 minutes. But the three of us could not get my Real Husband up and into his bed.

Being the excellent problem solver that he is, my #1 son went outside and collected three Mexican yardmen. The four of them were finally able to get my Real Husband up off the floor and into his bed. My son offered the Mexicans $20 each but they refused to take it.

They all left and a couple of hours later, when my Real Husband was safe and asleep I went to my bookclub meeting.

The next day my real husband was feeling better and loved telling the home health nurse how he was saved by our #1 son and his Mexicans.