Saturday, July 14, 2007

High Finance

My Real Husband went to Harvard Business School but he was a graduate of the GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF US SCHOOL OF FINANCE. He loved to give money away and he loved to spend it. He loved to buy things. Lots of things.

I opened a Tithe Account at the bank. This (strange to him) concept was that we had to actually have the money in the bank before we could give it away.

I don't like labels but I think you could call me a fiscal conservative. I live beneath my means. I like being frugal but generous. I'm a big tipper. I give away 10% of my income.

I don't like giving gifts to rich people. My friends know this but they want the gifts anyway. I don't enjoy shopping but I like bargains. I don't have many clothes or shoes but I love what I have. I sometimes shop at designer secondhand stores. If my closet gets too full I gather up clothes and shoes and give them away.

I have two watches. One for everyday, one for evening.

I've given away most everything else I don't need except for what sentimental things my children might want when I'm gone.

If I all at once became super wealthy I don't think my lifestyle would change much.