Monday, July 30, 2007

I Am Rainman

I'm addicted to numbers.

I can - and usually do - count the number of people in any size room - even a football field. When I'm in a meeting I count ceiling tiles and most everything else that there's more than one of.

I'm addicted to clocks. On the many occasions that I wake up during the night I want to know exactly what time it is. A few years ago I attended a retreat where they confiscated my watch on my arrival. The idea was to relieve stress. It did just the opposite for me. I spent 3 sleepless nights wondering if they would ever end.

I'm addicted to start times and end times. I want to know how long the movie or the play is before I see it. I can sit through anything if it's less than 2 hours.

I'm addicted to the DOW. A good day for me is when my B/P and weight are down and the DOW is up. If you ever see me in some remote part of the world and you want to know what the DOW is doing that day, ask me. I'll know.

I'm addicted to Cribbage. My Boyfriend taught me this numbers game. I love it.

Did I mention that I'm an excellent driver?