Saturday, August 11, 2007

Drama Queens

I'm not a drama queen but there are many in my life. I love most of them. One of my favorite "over the top" friends was always supportive of me - but she constantly pressed me to step it up a notch.

Every year at Christmas time I prepared dinner for my Real Husband's staff. I liked doing this. I liked making it beautiful as well as tasty.

Every year my friend offered many suggestions and then, in frustration, offered to do the dinner herself. I always declined. Then one year, in order to get her off my back, I told her she could decorate the tables.

When I looked in the room, a couples of hours before dinner, there they were. ICE SCULPTURES! Huge magnificent ice sculptures. Many of them. They covered the tables. There was no room for place settings.

Her heart was in the right place - I guess.