Saturday, August 11, 2007

As The Days Dwindle Down

What a summer! I've been my Boyfriend's house guest for more than two months. I'm going home next week. Real life awaits. Appointments have been made.

The summer was filled with friends, hiking, movies, plays, (my favorite was "Spamalot") concerts, books and cribbage. The two of us are very much alike. We were just discussing how we both like to buy the exact same athletic shoes we've always worn - on sale. I've worn white leather Original Keds for 30 years. (Despite lots of criticism, I've run many miles in them.)

We talked about this while having an Arby's roast beef sandwich - with horsey sauce - at the mall. A treat that neither of us allows more than once a year. Yum, yum.

But we're not just alike. He's very outdoorsy. He told me today about when he and his Real Wife were newly married and out for a drive deep in the woods. They happened upon a breathtaking view - and spontaneously decided to spend the night under the stars in their sleeping bags!!!

I'm glad he got this out of his system.