Thursday, September 6, 2007

Surprises

My friend/handy man is here to start redoing my master bathroom. He was an advertising guy in his real life but this is what he's doing now and he's good at it.

It's fun to reinvent yourself when you retire.

When I returned late this afternoon from my fantastic 3 hour catfish lunch he was sitting in my shower stall pulling out tiles. A rotted wall was not what we planned on - but it's what he found. This will be a much bigger job than we thought.

Life is full of surprises but I've learned the difference between- being attacked by a bear and having a little dog yapping at your feet. (A damaged wall is the latter.)

By the way, one of my Power Rangers and her spouse recently had the interior of their town home painted by a neighbor who was a judge until he reinvented himself in retirement.

It's pretty cool when you have to choose between the advertising guy and the judge to work on your house.