Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life is Changing

Much as I don't want to admit it, my friends and I are changing. We're still doing great work, going on fantastic trips and living enviable lives but - something else is happening.

When our friend had the heart attack a while back one of my Power Rangers (who is quite a spiritual person) wrote all of us an e-mail that started:

"What the h#%* is happening to us?"

Today she had a breast cancer biopsy.

At the very same time, the husband of another P.R. had a skin cancer removed from his nose that required messy, messy surgery.

Here's what was on my prayer list today: Breast & Nose.

What kind of tools do we need to proceed into the next phase of our lives? One thing is perspective. We're not in concentration camps or war torn countries. But even those who are find ways to being triumphant.

I just reread a book about Viktor Frankl. He emerged from the concentration camps in WWII as a world famous psychiatrist. He said 4 things saved him:
  • The love of his family (even thought they'd all been killed by the Nazis.)
  • Faith
  • A Grim Sense of Humor
  • Nature