Thursday, September 20, 2007

Old and Perfect

So my friend/handy man finished the tile work but it made the rest of the tile look kinda bad in comparison.

So when my Boyfriend asked, after we'd gone out for breakfast and our 2 mile walk, what work needed to be done in my condo today, I said "If you run the sweeper I'll clean my bathroom."

He has a great sense of humor about this sort of thing since he doesn't clean his house. A nice lady comes in and does it for him.

So the grout cleaning directions said to use a toothbrush.

So after a half hour or so on my hands and knees (with very little to show for it) I said to myself, "What am I - in a Turkish prison or something?"

Not to mention that those harsh chemicals are bad for the environment - but you don't want me to get started on that, do you?

So I gave up and cleaned the bathroom in the usual way. Lickity split.

Older things - and people - do not look perfect. We have lots of little imperfections that make us unique.

So when you visit me and my bathroom tile you will find both of us with imperfections. But we will be clean.