Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Holidays

I was in J. C. Penney's a couple of hours ago and guess what I saw? That's right. Christmas stuff. I made the sales clerk laugh when I looked at the lights and Santa Claus china and said, "It's about time!"

I love Christmas. I love everything about it. Including the music in the grocery store and the big gaudy decorations. But this is a bit much even for me.

I don't even have my ceramic pumpkin out yet. By the way, the first year I switched from a real pumpkin to ceramic my son called me a communist. Oh, and he called me a communist when I added one new dish to the Thanksgiving menu. My family was pretty traditional.

The reason I was in Penney's in the mall is that I walk two fast miles every day and it's still way, way too hot to walk outside.

Happy holidays!