Saturday, September 29, 2007

Interesting Friends

I am blessed with the most interesting friends. I have this guy friend who's getting married soon. He's been single a while but he has a beautiful teenage daughter and a former wife (who is also a cool person) close by.

He's a financial planner. (Yawn!)

He's also heavily into meditation. I don't attend the classes in his living room because if I had to be quiet for an hour I'd shoot myself. But I have attended his meditation/labyrinth retreats.

But his speciality is Crystal Singing Bowls.

He's also a music guy. On the symphony board. Plays his grand piano.

I didn't think there was much chance that he'd find somebody compatible. Not even that eHarmony guy would be able to match him up.

But she appeared. They have much in common. They're both uncommonly Woo Woo. She's a pianist. (Yawn!)

But what that means in her case is that, well, she's found her way to Carnegie Hall - the hard way. She's part of a very prestigious ensemble.

They were here for dinner the other night along with other close interesting friends. We had a delightful time discussing the wedding. My boyfriend and I cannot attend because it's one of those destinations where it takes you 3 days to get close - then you travel the rest of the way on foot or via mountain goat.

They're living close by but I'm not sure how they're accommodating their matching grand pianos.

On a side note, nobody swelled up or turned purple from the Cashew Chicken with the peanut sauce. Whew!