Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Anniversary

Yes, today is the third anniversary of the death of my Real Husband. Many of you seemed to be amused/perplexed/disturbed by the poem I shared a couple of days ago that explained my marriage (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.) But those of you who knew him well got it immediately. I'll share another - so that you will have full insight into our 45 year relationship.

But this is the end of the marriage poems for a while. It's time to look to the future.


FULL CIRCLE

In the beginning I served you meatloaf
And you said,
It is good.

Toward the middle you spoke to 600 people
Telling them that when I served meatloaf,
Romance was soon to follow.

When I confronted you
You said,
It is meatloaf,
And it is good.

Toward the end
when you were eating only
Cake and soup
I served you meatloaf
On Saturday nights.

With your wheelchair at the
Candle laden table
You took one or two bites
And declared

It is good.
What is it?

It is meatloaf.