Saturday, January 12, 2008

You Can't Make Some People Happy

I'm still dealing with the hypertension. Things are moving along and I should be happy but I'm still having side effects from the meds. Side effects that closely resemble the spiking B/P symptoms.

For my whole life I've had skinny ankles. When I was pregnant (all four times) I gained an enormous amount of weight but my arms and legs still resembled sticks. I looked like a balloon animal. Never any swelling other than my torso.

My hands and feet are ridiculously small. They resemble Blondie Bumstead's.

Or used to.

Now at about 3 PM the swelling begins. By six I can forget about anything resembling an attractive shoe if I plan to walk at all.

Last night I wore my clown shoes to the movies hoping no one would notice.

I should be counting my good health blessings but instead I'm lamenting the loss of my ankles.



***