Thursday, January 24, 2008

Restaurants

I eat out most days. But not usually at pricey places. I have my favorites. And at each one I have a favorite item. Won't call it a meal because I very seldom eat an entire meal.

When my Boyfriend arrived on the scene my daughter gave me a talking to about not taking this refined, cultured gentleman to chain restaurants. Especially Darden restaurants. You know, like The Olive Garden.

"And please mom, don't use your coupons."

Of course I introduced him to Darden restaurants and he loves them. We eat often at Season's 52. A little pricier than the others but we share a meal.

That's right. Last Sunday we shared a lemongrass salmon salad.

Occasionally we take other people out for special meals in expensive places and it's fun - but we don't need that to have a good time.

OK, here's the problem. I recently introduced my Boyfriend to a nationwide chain restaurant that even I find a little off putting. I just knew he would finally say to me "Enough!"

I explained to him that we're doing a good thing because all of the waitresses look like they've just come from prison. I like that.

I explained to him that we don't have to over eat just because the vast majority of diners are morbidly obese. But then I tend to order something crazy because I'm overwhelmed by the menu, the twangy country music and the bric a brac covering virtually every horizontal and vertical surface.

The place kind of creeps me out but, for some strange reason, he likes it.

This morning I said "Let have breakfast wherever you want!"

Tomorrow it's my turn.