Monday, January 7, 2008

Woo Woo in the Woods

Recently somebody asked me what "Woo Woo" meant. I was stuck. It's kind of like the descriptive word "Granola." The picture immediately comes to my mind of a woman in a long skirt and Birkenstocks eating an organic carrot.

But that's just me. You may have a different definition of "Granola."

When I describe my friends as "Woo Woo" I mean that they're spiritual, always seeking knowledge and wisdom, willing to embrace the mystery of the universe and the mystery of themselves. I don't picture any one person because to be "Woo Woo" means to be ones self.

We're all different.

One of my Woo Woo friends, a person whom I greatly admire, preached the sermon at my church yesterday. She had on a flowing liturgical robe and really cute shoes.

So on our road trip my Boyfriend and I stopped to visit one of my Power Rangers and her Significant Other in their cabin in the woods in North Carolina.

She's Woo Woo.

The first thing we did was take a bottle of wine to her tree house. It's a two platform structure deep in the woods - built by him but decorated by her. Hanging from the beautiful wooden planks are jewelry items, various wind chimes, angels - you get the idea.

After a glass of wine in the tree house she and I walked her labyrinth. It's next to the tree house.

Their cabin (house really) is a work of art. As are the woods surrounding it. He says with a sigh that she likes to manicure the forest.

You may think that she has way too much time on her hands. Quite the opposite. She has a huge job back here in the city - with much stress.

Sometimes she's a round peg in a square hole.

She's Woo Woo.