Monday, November 12, 2007

Things I Like to Look At

There is a book by Julia Cameron called "The Artist's Way." In it she's really high on "Morning Pages." Not just for writers but all who want to rediscover their creativity.

The last time I did the "Morning Pages" was in 2003. I did four pages every morning for six months. (she advocates more than that.)

This morning while I was all nervous waiting for my 10th grandchild to appear I looked at my "Morning Pages" journal.

On August 5, 2003, I wrote THINGS I LIKE TO LOOK AT. OK, I know this is reaching but YOU try writing morning pages every day.

Here's the list. I wrote fast - whatever came into my head. It's still true but I'd add more - like my Boyfriend's face.
  • Beautiful old buildings

  • Morgan Freeman

  • My church

  • My grandchildren

  • All children

  • Food that has been lovingly prepared

  • An elegant table setting

  • Snow scenes

  • (My daughter) laughing

  • The African American nurse in the dialysis center who's also a Pentecostal minister

  • Ornate old hotel lobbies

  • 42nd and Broadway

  • My neighborhood

  • Woodruff Place

  • Brookside Park

  • The Atlantic Ocean from New Smyrna Beach

  • Park Ave

  • The Statue of Liberty from a cruise ship