Friday, November 23, 2007

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Lately a couple of people have asked me how I come up with ideas. I don't know. They just come.

I invited some close friends of my Boyfriend to visit us when he's here this winter. She just wrote to thank me but said they wouldn't be able to make it this time.

In writing her back, my first inclination was to say "Come anytime."

You're welcome here even if my Boyfriend and I should break up and he sends my stuff back to me in a cardboard box and I put his stuff in a cardboard box and set fire to it in the living room.

But that would be silly. Because at our age probably the only reason we would break up is because one of us totally loses our marbles or dies.

And it would be silly because saying the above would make no sense to her.

But it makes sense to you, doesn't it?