Monday, November 19, 2007

My New Cell Phone

My cell phone died yesterday. It was only four years old.

The first thought somebody my age has is to get it fixed. But I'm no longer naive enough to think this is an option.

A couple of years ago my 37 year old juicer quit. I have warm, fuzzy feelings about it so I got out my bright yellow tool kit, took it apart, cleaned up the insides, and put it back together. Bingo! It works great.

But I can't do that with the phone. Last night I searched the Internet for the best option for me. Today I visited my cell phone outlet. The guy wanted to sell me the latest thing.

It's probably been out about 10 minutes!

But I had my ducks in a row. For 10 years my plan has cost $19.95 per month. I knew I needed to upgrade so I now have the $29.95 plan for customers over 65. My new phone was free.

It does not have a camera but I've never felt the need to take a picture with my phone.

.