Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Women's Movement

In the 70s I'm proud to say that I was very much a part of the Women's Movement.

A few years back a colleague of my daughter's in law school let everyone know that she had no use for the Women's Movement. I wanted to say "How the (heck) do you think you landed in law school?"

My real husband was even more a part of the movement than I was. He just believed that every person in the world should have an equal chance.

So when I was unable to attend a meeting in our state capital where I was to receive an award for a local group - he went in my place.

But guess what? Paul Newman was on the dais as well. The husband said Paul sat with his arms on his knees, peeled an orange with his pocket knife and slowly ate the sections during the entire proceedings. And, yes, juice ran down his chin.

OK, I know this is all very confusing.