Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Movies

I love movies. When I was a kid my brother and I went to the movies twice on the weekends. It took us years to figure out that it was a way to get rid of us.

As an adult my Real Husband and I had a standing movie date every Friday night.

I have scores of favorite lines from movies. One of the best is from The "Big Chill" where a young woman is worried that not many people will come to her funeral. Jeff Goldbloom says "I'll come and I'll bring a date."

I've used that line many times.

# 2 son knows the entire "Blazing Saddles" dialogue. But I'll bet this is true of many men.

A few months ago I had a little disagreement with a man at my church over some business issue. I finally said, "Well, I guess we'll have to take it to the mattresses."

He was appalled.