Thursday, June 28, 2007

No Sweat

I don't perspire. This is a good thing because I can work out at the gym and not have to take a shower.

On the other hand, I live in the sub tropics and I have no internal means of cooling off.

The worst thing is that people don't believe me.

When I was growing up my aunt finally quit making me pick vegetables in the hot sun because she got tired of the fainting.

After I was diagnosed and tried to explain the problem the usual reply was "Everybody sweats."

The fact is, there are people who have very few or no sweat glands.

Two weeks ago I was reading a history of my Boyfriend's parents who were missionaries in Malaya. I was amazed to read the following:

"For a while she ( my Boyfriend's mom) had to stop teaching because she ran a fever constantly. A Scottish doctor declared she couldn't get acclimated to the humid, tropical heat because she DIDN'T PERSPIRE. (Perspiring was the natural method for keeping comfortable, as electric fans were scarce.)"

At least I have A/C. So I'm henceforth going to try to put a positive spin on the situation.

This problem, combined with hot flashes, makes me the hottest babe in town!