Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hey, Hey, Anybody Listenin'?

One of my favorite guys in the O. T. is Elijah. He and some of those other prophets had serious depression issues but they got the job done anyway.

I like the story where that Jezebel (this was her name, not just a description) was making his life so miserable that he wanted to die. But he couldn't talk with God about it because he was so steamed. He had to get some anger management stuff going before he heard the "Still Small Voice."

Sometimes I'm like that. I need to chill first before I do the responsible thing. So I usually do one of these:

- Walk fast in the mall and hope that when I go through the food court somebody will hand me a sample of orange chicken on a toothpick

- Watch three episodes of MASH reruns that I've seen multiple times before.

- Lie back in a hot tub and read "People" magazine

- Watch three episodes of "Law & Order" that I've seen multiple times before.

- Play 15 hands of computer Solitaire (or until I win - whichever comes first.)

What do you do?