Saturday, June 23, 2007

Babies

I like babies. I had four. They're my favorites. Two of them were even planned.

But I am firmly and passionately in favor of birth control. My goal, along with many organizations around the world, would be for females (women and girls) to have babies only when they want to and choose to. And to be encouraged to put off having babies if they want them for the wrong reasons.

And that would be any reason other than being committed to love and care for a child for at least 20 years.

Some people think that those who choose to remain childless are irresponsible. I think just the opposite.

And please don't talk to me about abortion. It's a barbaric form of birth control and should never be needed.

I know that this is not a black and white issue. Hardly anything in life is. But here's the thing. We have millions of unwanted children in the world and they are suffering mightily.