Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sad News

My favorite niece and her husband like to hang out in bars. Well, specifically, the bar at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

That's where they meet friends and family. That's where they have meals. That's where everybody knows their name.

There is a Ruth's Chris Steak House close to where I live. But I've never been there. WAAAY to pricey. The only time I've eaten at RCSH in the last five years, is when I've been in their city.

Now, along with most other high end steak houses, RCSH is in trouble. Once a stock market darling, their shares have fallen more than 55 percent in the past year.

Of course they've done the expected thing: They've ousted their CEO, Craig Miller.

But what's that I see in the sky? Could it be a golden parachute?

According to my business paper, Miller will receive a severance package of 2.4 million dollars.

It's not anything near what some other execs get to take a hike - but still, it will buy lots of Big Macs. (But not many a la carte meals at RCSH.)

I hope Ruth's Chris hangs in there because, otherwise, my favorite niece and husband (and friends) will be wondering aimlessly in the Midwest.



***