Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dinner

I just finished some outside work that exhausted me. Don't know how many more years I'll be doing that kind of thing. I'm getting to be a wimp.

So I'm not going out anymore today. And that means I have to come up with something to eat here - when I have NO food. Since I'm getting ready to leave soon and will be gone for several months, I've cleaned out the fridge.

But while I was scrubbing the aluminum siding a few minutes ago I thought about a person I love whom I don't see much of. (Yes, I end sentences with prepositions all the time.) Occasionally I hear something about her on the radio. Yesterday I heard that she can fix a great meal three days after most of us think that the cubbard is bare.

She always could do this. I used to do it myself.

So I was inspired. I remembered that I bought a basket of big red beefsteak tomatoes at the farmer's market this morning to give to a friend. I'll keep one, make some tuna salad from my cubbard's last can of tuna, and stuff the tomato.

That should make a nice dinner for one.


***