Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hospitals

I've spent a lot of time in hospitals. Not as a patient but as a visitor and advocate. And, at times, I've done seminars and other work for hospitals.

But, like most people, most of the time, the hospital gives me the willies.

I visited the hospital this morning. A person I know was having open heart surgery. Surgery to remove a tumor in her left atrium.

As I walked from the parking garage, negative memories flooded back. Like memories of being so stressed after leaving my Real Husband's room that I'd be unable to find my car.

This morning when I reached the surgical waiting room I saw her smiling husband. His mood was positive. When the surgeon appeared he had wonderful news. The benign tumor was successfully removed. A hole in her heart (that they didn't even know about) was repaired.

She's going to be fine.

I need to remember that the hospital is a place where babies are born, where miracles are performed daily, where New Life Begins!



***