Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Last Sunday in the Land of 10,000 Lakes

Usually, no matter where I am in the world, I go to church on Sunday. But today is the last Sunday that my Boyfriend and I will be together for a while. I'm heading South on Saturday.

Why would we separate? He has a life. I have a life. Unfortunately, they're in different parts of the country.

So today we stayed home and read all morning. Then headed downtown for brunch (pizza with eggs, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, spinach, onions) and fruit. We ate outside. When we finished we debated sharing a waffle for dessert - but too pricey.

So we walked across the street to the market and bought donuts and coffee and ate them outside in the sun. The temperature was 70 degrees!

Lest you think we're totally depraved our next stop was Lake of the Isles. We fast-walked all the way around. Three miles in 40 minutes.

On the way home we discussed whether or not we should feel superior to most human beings because of the walk but decided that the breakfast made it kind of a wash.

Later on we're going to hold hands in the movies.

Next Sunday I'll be in church in another city with four of my grandchildren.

The Sunday after that I'll be home in the church where I belong.

But I'll be remembering this glorious Sabbath day with this man that I love.


***