Saturday, August 2, 2008

Little House on the Prairie

One of my daughters loved the "Little House" books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I can understand it because when I was a child in Indianapolis I loved a series of pioneering Hoosier stories called "Bears of Blue River." But my series didn't morph into a long running, wildly successful television series staring Michael Landon and the adorable Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls.

The most popular setting for the series was Walnut Grove, Minnesota.

And now, all these years later, "Little House on the Prairie," a lavish new musical, staring Melissa Gilbert (this time around as Ma Ingalls,) is premiering at the great Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis.

The show broke box office records on its first-day sales and has been extended into October.

So let's hope for a smash hit - then off to Broadway!


***