Friday, August 8, 2008

Goin' to the Chapel

I read a while back that the wedding chapels in Las Vegas were gearing up for a big rush of weddings TODAY. Why? Because it's 08/08/08. Apparently a huge number of couples rushed to Vegas on 07/07/07 and so they were expecting even more today because an 8 turned on its side is the symbol for infinity.

As Dave Barry would say, I'm not making this up!

Maybe I could buy into this value system. But if I got married in Las Vegas I'd want the Flying Elvis's to zoom down and shower the guests with poker chips. I'd want Wayne Newton to officiate.

Prior to the nuptials I'd have to have various surgeries, adding to some areas and subtracting from others.

No wait, that reminds me. I could get married on 10/10/10. Those are big time computer numbers. So, in honor of that and the surgery, I could be married in Silicone Valley.


***