Thursday, August 7, 2008

French Hotel

(Note: My goal here is to use as many French words as possible.)

My Boyfriend played golf a while back with a young Frenchman who turned out to be the food and beverage guy at the local Hotel Sofitel. Sofitel is a chain of luxury French hotels located all over the world.

The young French guy invited us to dine at the Sofitel.

So, today, along with friends, we did. We had lunch at Chez Colette, the smart brasserie located in the Sofitel.

The lobby is sort of luxury art de vivre, not my style, but very French. Lots of lime green, purple and circle patterns. Looked a little like Target to me - but we know how "Target" is really pronounced.

The food was good. I had French onion soup (of course) and Pan Bagnat. I considered the escargots bourguignons but I'm not crazy about snails. My Boyfriend had Quiche Lorraine.

The French guy entertained us with stories of his travels and his baby. Dessert was on him.

All in all, a lovely afternoon.


***