Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Morgan's Accident

I'm so happy that Morgan Freeman's accident doesn't seem to be as serious as was first reported yesterday. When the newscast said that the car went end over end over end and that he was in critical condition I was very sad.

I'm not nearly ready to give him up. He's the best actor to play God - ever. Way better than George Burns and a million times better than the awful portrayal of God by Alanis Morissette in the dreadful movie "Dogma" starring Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

And even when Mr. Freeman isn't playing God he still acts like the calm, gentle, wise, strong, folksy being that we'd like God to be.

Like when he was in one of the best movies ever made, "The Shawshank Redemption." Or in the movies where he played Dr. Alex Cross. So wise and in charge but in deep pain for the people he loved.

Even when he played a corrupt cop in the excellent "Gone, Baby, Gone" he had his reasons - and they were good.

I haven't seen him in the Batman movies but, as Lucius Fox, I'm sure he runs Wayne Enterprises in a God-like way.

So, Morgan Freeman, get well soon. I know, despite your age (older than me) and your impressive body of work, you still have more movies in the pipeline.

I humbly suggest that, in the future, you (along with some other celebs, namely Britney Spears) let others do your driving.


***