Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland Again

This is my last walk in Minnesota. Tomorrow we drive to Milwaukee.

It's misty and cold today. I love it.

It's three miles around the lake. I want to try walking the entire way today but doubt we can make it. We started through the nearby woods but thought better of that because it looked a little treacherous. Falling in the snow is one thing, falling on the ice is another.

So we're on the safe walk. Earmuffs, hat, scarf over my nose and mouth. Gloved hands in my pockets but they're still tingling. I love it! It's so exciting I can hardly stand it.

Can't see to the far side of the lake. Can't even see too far ahead. We're talking about the North pole explorers and how it must have been to see nothing but a sea of white before them.

About 10 feet below us on the lake we see a cross country skier from time to time. Further out on the lake are two men next to a little hole. How can they even think about fishing?

I can't possibly even stand still.

But I love it.

Afterwards hot soup at Turtle Bread.