Monday, December 10, 2007

Shopping Tips

I've been a party animal the last couple of weeks. Last night was my big annual Sunday school party. Lavish and fun.

After heavy Hors de oeuvres and heavy desserts we (about 45 of us) settled in for the gift exchange. It's one of those deals where, when your number is called, you pick your wrapped gift.

Everybody brings one. Everybody gets one.

The big hit last night was - well, I don't know what it was. I guess some sort of exercise gizmo. There were all sorts of suggestions as to what it was. Some a little off color.

Most of the gifts were useless but funny.

But I have some practical suggestions for your last minute shopping. I read about the following gifts in the flight catalogue while on my way home from Atlanta a few days ago.


  • PERSONALIZED BRANDING IRON $89.95 plus shipping. Just think about your loved one serving the big standing rib roast on Christmas morning with her initials seared right on top. She'll be the envy of everybody. Or think about meatloaf for the kids. They're screaming and hungry but she says "Wait just a minute while I burn my initials into the side of this thing." I can't think of anybody who wouldn't be impressed. And the kids could find lots of other fun things (pets) to brand.

  • BASKO THE SUMO WRESTLER Sculpture and Glass-Topped Table. $225.00 for the wrestler and $89.95 for the glass. This is a lovely nearly naked Sumo squatting beneath the clear glass. What's not to love.

**