Friday, December 7, 2007

Magical Night

My favorite museum has a large collection of Tiffany art work. Every Christmas, for one night only, they haul out Tiffany Christmas Windows and place them in the park - on my favorite street. It seems like a lot of trouble to me but I'm so happy they do it.

The windows are all back lit and breathtakingly beautiful. Right after dark the Bach Choir, in formal wear, tunes up for Christmas carols in the bandstand.

Father Christmas walks around and chats up people. He's different from Santa because he wears the LONG coat.

Hundreds, maybe thousands, of people show up with their blankets and lawn chairs. Some bring little tables with linen and stemware for a champagne picnic.

If you get bored with the Tiffany or choir you can step across the street (easy because traffic is blocked off) and shop at the beautiful shops. Or just enjoy the twinkle lights for as far as you can see.

This all happened last night. As my friends and I sat out on the street, next to the park, having a light supper we said in unison:

"It just doesn't get better than this."

Of course we all have family that we wish could experience this. I wish my Boyfriend could see it. But last night, for a little while, I was "in the moment" with people I love.


**