Friday, December 14, 2007

Packing

I'm packing today for a 3 week trip that will include 10 stops. I'm not leaving until Sunday morning but tomorrow is another busy Christmas celebration day so I don't want to have to rush home to do it.

Besides I'm putting everything into a tiny suitcase that I can heft over other passengers' heads and slide into the overhead compartments on at least 3 planes.

And I'm going from weather in the 80s to weather in the zeros and everything in between so it takes a little thinking through.

I've heard more than one of my friends tell people "She's taking one pair of jeans and one pair of black pants!" - like I'm some sort of crazy bag lady trying to fit my stuff into a shopping cart.

But, actually, it's not just about the packing. It's about life.

These days I travel light.



**