Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I've Learned My Lesson

About noon I couldn't find my wallet. It was missing from my purse.

Of course I retraced my steps from the last time I'd seen it. We decided that I had to have lost it in the restaurant last night while we were celebrating my birthday with friends. I'd put my purse on the floor under the big round table. The wallet must have fallen out.

Yes, I looked in the car.

My boyfriend called the restaurant. They would make a search but the restaurant was jammed and they couldn't crawl around under the table with eight diners seated there.

How serious was it? Lots of credit cards, money, insurance cards, gift cards, drivers license and I.D. (I have 2 more planes to board.) And here's the worst part. I wasn't carrying my copies of all of these things.

We headed to the car to drive to the restaurant to crawl under the table where the 8 diners were eating to look for the wallet - ourselves!

But when I opened the passenger's side door, out tumbled the wallet.

All of the cards are copied - and life is good again.



**