Monday, December 17, 2007

Concept vs. Reality

I know many children and adults who've never seen snow. Of course they know what it is. They've seen it on the news. But
they've never experienced it. It's a concept to them.

I've lived in Florida for 45 years. Twice it's "officially" snowed but it wasn't anything to write home about. Over the years I've visited snowy places - but haven't really had the time or the inclination to play.

Snow is more like a concept to me. Something I experienced as a child.

This morning I woke up in Minnesota. Snow is everywhere. My Boyfriend's back yard, the creek, other yards, are all one big snow covered wonderland.

We had a hearty breakfast, bundled up and drove to a close by park. We walked for miles. When we got home we played in the back yard. I've been excited all day.

Just like a little kid. I kept putting off going to the bathroom because I had on many, many layers of clothes.

For those of you who were impressed with my one little suitcase packing, it's mostly because I wore half my clothes up here on the plane.

Playing in the snow is one of the things I used to know in concept but now have experienced as reality.