Saturday, December 1, 2007

Am I Having a Stroke or Just in Love?

The B/P drama continues. First a recap.

Sunday I became ill and had a B/P of 203/92. After two days of tests in the hospital I was thrown out due to good health.

Wednesday I felt ill and was sent to Urgent Care with a B/P of 197/92. Had to stay there a few hours to get it down but I did talk with my friend/handyman who was painting my bathroom. He asked me to stop for more paint on the way home.

Friday I finally got in to see my Internist. (B/P 178/94) She switched my meds to a beta blocker to tide me over until I see the cardio guy on Tuesday. Took the first one in her office.

Today, after a restless night I drove to my favorite street to have 7:30 breakfast with my dear old friends. At 9:00 A.M. the Christmas Parade started.

I walked up and down the street greeting old and new friends. I felt terrible and thought I might keel over or (worse) throw up but, oh well, probably 500 people would call 911. They were already on their cell phones.

How did I feel? Exhausted, dizzy, weak, short of breath.

After shopping I drove home thinking I'd take my blood pressure then head to Urgent Care again for another jump start.

But to my pleasant surprise, the meds were working and B/P was pretty good (150/66.)

Just looked up info on the beta blocker. Side effects are fatigue, dizziness, weakness, shortness of breath and trouble sleeping.

I still feel that way but I'm happy.



**