Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Are You a Cardmember?

Have you seen those American Express ads in magazines that feature celeb cardholders answering questions?

I think they're so insightful about the person.

I have two in front of me right now. Tina Fey and Beyonce. Here's a sample of the Q & A.

PROUDEST ACCOMPLISHMENT

Byonce - "Winning my first Grammy."

Tina - "My daughter says 'please' and 'thank you.'"

MOST UNUSUAL GIFT

Byonce - Rhinestone studded pedicure toe spacers.

Tina - A bat skeleton.

RECENT IMPULSE BUY

Byonce - Lorraine Schwartz Diamond Monkeys

Tina - A case of soup.

My proudest accomplishment, without question, is raising my four children. I've had a lot of unusual gifts. But I remember many years ago a lady gave me a big doily she'd crocheted with the plastic face of a baby doll sewn into the middle. It was positively creepy. I used to tell the kids that if they didn't quiet down in their beds they'd have to sleep with the doily. (Yes, they knew I was kidding.)

I almost never buy anything on impulse but today I was in a wonderful little bookstore in Minneapolis and I bought Anne Lamott's latest book, "Grace (Eventually.)"

How would you answer the questions?


***