Monday, June 30, 2008

New Friends

It's fun to get reacquainted with my Boyfriend's friends. And make new ones. Last Saturday morning I went to a neighborhood brunch by myself. (It was a golf morning.) I met several people but one was an artist who's married to an executive type Japanese woman whom I didn't meet because she's in Japan with their little seven year old daughter who's bilingual and will attend public school in Japan for the month of July.

Everybody has a story. Everybody's interesting.

My Boyfriend told me when I first arrived that he'd seen an old friend from the neighborhood who recently moved back - and he has a lady friend.

This morning I called him up, explained who I was, and invited them over for cake and coffee tonight.

When I'm at home I don't often do these things because there are already so many wonderful people in my life.

This afternoon I made the deluxe version of the recipe on the back of the Pillsbury Carrot Cake box. This required, in addition to the regular ingredients, pineapple, raisins, coconut and pecans. We worked on it together. It turned out well.

Maybe I'll make some new friends tonight.


***