Sunday, June 8, 2008

Indiana Jones Is 65 and Still Cute as the Dickens

Saturday night my Boyfriend and I saw "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." When I say "night" I mean we saw it at 4:15 P.M. But we had to pay full price at the theater because AMC considers any movie showing after 4:00 P.M. to be "nighttime."

I had heard everything you've heard about this movie. That the last third is slow, that it isn't as funny as the others, etc.

I've enjoyed all of the other Indiana Jones movies because I think they're wonderful, playful, funny, good vs. evil, adventure stories.

I enjoyed every minute of this one as well.

Harrison Ford still has his quirky smile and is still impatient and bored (and certainly not frightened) by the bad guys.

We all know that the only thing that scares Indy is snakes.

I love the photography and the background in these movies. I especially like the stuff on Indy's desk and the way his apartment is decorated.

The are loads of very funny lines in the movie.

"Indy, don't you know it's dangerous to get into refrigerators?"

In the warehouse scene did I get a glimpse of the Ark?

Cate Blanchett is one cool lady. She gets beaten up numerous times and her hair never moves.

Shia LaBeouf (whom I never heard of) is cute in that 50's way.

Karen Allen plays the same part she played 30 years ago and plays it well. She is Indy's equal - and doesn't let him forget it. She's an excellent driver.

Go see this movie. You'll laugh. You'll be breathless when the action gets going. Harrison, George and Steven aren't getting any younger. They may not have another "Indiana Jones" in them.

Although the hat tells us different!


***