Tuesday, June 24, 2008

He is My...BOYFRIEND!

I've had a good bit of feedback from the "Movie Quotes I Like" posting. Seems everybody has their favorite movie lines. They've reminded me of many more that I like.

One of my favorite movies is Mel Brook's 1974 masterpiece "Young Frankenstein." Practically every line in the movie is quotable. But I have a very favorite.

When I started my blog I created names for the people I most often mention. I pondered for a while about what to call this very special man who's come into my life at this late date. I searched for a word that would connote the deep, deep feelings I have for him. It's hard for me because I'm not a romantic, mushy person.

Then I thought of my favorite line from "Young Frankenstein."

Young Dr. Frankenstein is having a conversation with the ancient, crazy housekeeper, Frau Blucher, played by Cloris Leachman. He discovers that his grandfather (the real Dr. Frankenstein) and Frau Blucher had been lovers.

Young Dr. F: Then you and Victor were...

Frau Blucher: YES, YES, say it. He vas my...BOYFRIEND!


***