Thursday, June 5, 2008

Leaving On a Jet Plane

In about an hour I'm leaving for the North to spend the summer with my Boyfriend.

We've been apart for a month. In that time we both have accomplished a lot. Now it's time to enjoy the summer.

Over the weekend I had a great time with My Oldies. I'm sure I'll see them again - but when you're dealing with oldies - you never know.

Also caught up with family. I have a BIG ONE.

Yesterday afternoon my Power Rangers came to my house. We talked for hours. One of us just returned from Turkey so we discussed Whirling Dervishes, Turkish Baths and Islam. She had to leave a little early because, last night she was hosting a birthday dinner for her grandson and her dog.

One of us had a colonoscopy this week so we discussed Dave Barry's hysterical article, "The Colossal Colon."

Of course we talked about Hillary, Obama and John. We decided who the V.P. candidates will be.

Now I'm turning another direction. Tonight I'll be 1,600 miles away having pasta and Caesar salad in a neighborhood Italian restaurant - with my Boyfriend.

The condo is closed up and it's time to unplug. When I write again in a couple of days I'll let you know if there's snow on the ground.

My bags are packed,
I'm ready to go.


***