Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pricey Purses

Designer bags seem to be mandatory for a certain segment of the population. I, myself, have a nice purse. But it's almost three years old and I never change purses to match my outfit. Fortunately almost everything I wear is black and my purse is black. When it wears out I'll get a new one.

This morning after a meeting with some people who are extremely worried about the economy, I stopped by my neighborhood mall to walk two miles.

Dillard's has a nice size section of Coach purses, most of them behind glass. Macy's has a nice section of Coach purses, most of them behind glass. Just down the mall from Macy's is a Coach Store.

I can understand a high end mall - but this is my neighborhood mall. I counted 5 women in the Coach store.

Who buys all of these purses? Especially in this economy.

Louis Black, one of my favorite angry comedians, was ranting last night about Eliot Spitzcer spending the $5,000.00 on the call girl. In referencing the mini bar he said, "I can understand the other stuff but spending $18.00 for 9 almonds is obscene."

In this economy, I agree with the latter part of that statement.



***