Monday, March 10, 2008

My Boyfriend's Back

Ya, Ya, Ya - My Boyfriend's Back.

He's been away for a few days playing golf with his guy friends on some island. When he got in last evening the very first thing we did was play two hands of cribbage. Later on we ate soup in a restaurant by the park - then lingered to listen to the Philharmonic Orchestra performing 40s music in the band shell. Still later we sat on the couch and watched the controversial 1959 film "On the Beach" on PBS.

Very romantic movie even though every person in the world dies in the end.

All of the above are things that I wouldn't have done by myself.

Today is a work day. We got out a mailing to 700 people for a project I'm involved in - then came home to do 8 loads of wash for another project. (Several years ago I helped start a ministry in my church where we house homeless families from time to time. Now there are 50 to 100 volunteers doing the hard work. I sometimes do some laundry.)

This evening my Boyfriend is getting ready to leave again for a few days. He's going to his sister's memorial service. When he gets there he'll will get people back and forth to the airport - and do whatever else needs to be done. His children and other relatives from other parts of the country will be there.

We've had a lovely 24 hours and I'll miss him. But we both have big lives and big obligations.

And my Boyfriend will be back.



***