Friday, February 15, 2008

Signs From God

Do you know people who are always looking for signs from God? Or they're wanting to blame God for stuff they do?

"God told me to wear this tie."

I wish that God spoke to me in a clear fashion telling me exactly what to do (and wear) but, for some reason, he doesn't. However, there are times that I look back and realize that he has been with me every step of the way or I wouldn't have survived nearly this long.

But there was this one time a few years ago that I had a clear sign from God.

I was driving two old cars. Friends kept telling me that I needed to buy a new(er) car but I wasn't convinced. Since I had two, if one broke down I always had a spare. (One of the cars was my Real Husband's which he no longer drove.)

And then one day my son who buys and sells properties (among other things) bought a small used car lot close to downtown. After I finished teasing him about having to buy plaid pants and a white belt and white shoes and grow a moustache, etc. I realized:

This is a sign from God that it's time for me to buy a car.

Yes, you'd think my son would just give me one off the lot but we don't operate that way. Besides, I don't know that he actually ever set foot on this little used car lot.

What I did was get on the Internet and find the perfect car for me. Then I researched how much it should cost. Then I went to the car lot and talked with the two nice gentlemen who ran the place. They spent months going to the car auction every Thursday until they found my car - at the (fair) price I wanted to pay. All three of us were happy when this little ordeal was over.

It's been five years since I bought the car. I still love it. I'm glad I recognized the sign.

My son sold the car lot soon after my purchase.



***