Monday, February 11, 2008

Celebs

I didn't watch much of the Grammys last night. Mainly because I don't know most of the celebrities anymore. Of course, you'd have to be brain dead not to know Justine Timberlake or Carrie Underwood - but I never heard of "Foo Fighters."

I know absolutely nothing about Amy Winehouse's work but I know who she is because I read the papers. I'm aware of her fugitive status but not her music.

There was yet another article in this morning's paper about our fascination with "Celebs Gone Bad." Is it because we can't get enough of this news or is it because it's forced on us? My take is that in one sense it's good for us. Unlike al Qaeda or the recession, it's news that doesn't affect us personally. Whether or not Amy gets her visa back doesn't affect my travel status one bit.

But it does make us sad.

Whenever we pass a Waffle House my Boyfriend laments about how tragic it is that Kid Rock has been banded from them for life.



***