Monday, February 11, 2008

Moon River

I've had a crush on Andy Williams for about 50 years. I even stuck with him through his marriage to Claudine Longet (and later on her unfortunate accidental shooting of Spider Sabich.)

But there comes a time when celebs need to call it quits. It's especially embarrassing to see old timers, who are confused and can't see the cue cards, on awards shows.

Especially the Grammys!!

I want to remember Andy in his various sweaters as he danced and sang with his brothers or, better yet, the Osmonds. (Isn't that cute little Donnie about 60 now?)

Andy embarrassed me and himself last night. Likewise Keely Smith.

But then there's Cher. I remember reading once that if or when we suffer a nuclear attack and all of life is destroyed, only two things will remain. Roaches and Cher.

Cher has heard this story and likes it.



***